So it’s raining right now, and it might rain some this weekend, too. It’s good for the flowers, farmers need the rain, blah, blah, blah – but who wants to go anywhere in it? The answer is – you do!
Five rainy-day activities in Shepherdstown this weekend, March 27 & 28:
- Catch Oscar-winning movies Slumdog Millionaire or The Reader at the Shepherdstown Opera House while noshing on popcorn with real butter (!!) and a glass of wine or beer.
- Watch the Ira Levin classic Deathtrap performed on stage at the Old Opera House in Charles Town.
- See the edgy, PG-13 family drama Many Mansions, written by local Jim Ralston, at the Apollo in Martinsburg.
- Enjoy a great dinner at the Press Room and then listen to live music at the Blue Moon Cafe at 9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday night.
- Revisit an old favorite, Cool Hand Luke, at Reynolds Hall on Friday night from the Shepherdstown Film Society. It’s free!
A bonus activity – watch any of the March Madness basketball games on a big-screen TV while enjoying a premium martini at the Three Onions.
None of these options are budget-busters, and to sweeten the deal you can book a room at the Thomas Shepherd Inn and receive $30 off a single-night stay on Friday, Saturday or Sunday or $75 off a two-night weekend stay. Don’t you deserve a little break this weekend?
Jeanne & Jim at the
Thomas Shepherd Inn B&B in Shepherdstown, WV