Amenities at the Thomas Shepherd Inn
Our B&B in West Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley is the perfect weekend destination for relaxing getaways near Washington DC and Baltimore. Filled with homey touches, our comfortable guest rooms will make you feel as if you are visiting your favorite great-aunt. The original hardwood floors in the house have been lovingly maintained. You’ll find beautiful oriental rugs and lovely wardrobes throughout the upstairs. For your convenience, each guest room contains:
- Soft knit, full-length monogrammed waffle robes
- Turkish towel cotton bath sheets, towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Chocolates by the bedside
- Both hypoallergenic fiber and feather pillows on the bed
- Cozy quilts and mattress toppers or pillow tops (hypoallergenic fiber beds available upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Alarm clock/radio/CD player w/IPod/IPhone connector
- Lap desk for use with your portable devices
- Makeup removal washcloth and wipes
- Water glasses and bedside carafes
- Greenwich Bay soap, conditioning shampoo, and body lotion
- Fans for individual air control
- A heated shoe dryer is available for our guests use.
- Secure wireless network accessible from guest rooms or the common areas.
PLEASE NOTE: televisions and telephones are not provided in the guest rooms
The inn is comfortably furnished in a style that honors the age and architecture of the house. Our spacious living room on the first floor welcomes you with several seating areas, an inviting gas fireplace, television, and a game table. An electric kettle and a fine selection of tea, coffee, cider, and hot chocolate are always available on the living room buffet. The buffet is also where you can find a selection of snacks and cookies every afternoon. For those of you who travel with your laptops, we have a secure wireless network in the inn. We enjoy central air-conditioning in the warm weather.
Our second-floor guest library is equipped with a computer, refrigerator, ice maker, Shenandoah Springs water dispenser and an extensive library of books and magazines. From the library, you can access the second-floor porch nestled in the evergreens and overlooking the garden. Relaxation is almost instant here when you stretch out in one of our rocking chairs with a good book. There are also several seating areas in our back garden for use in good weather.