Amenities at the Thomas Shepherd Inn Bed and Breakfast
Filled with homey touches, our comfortable guest rooms will make you feel as if you are visiting your favorite great-aunt. The original hardwood floors in the house have been lovingly maintained. You'll find beautiful oriental rugs and lovely wardrobes throughout the upstairs. For your convenience, each guest room contains:
- Soft knit, full-length monogrammed waffle robes
- Turkish towel cotton bath sheets, towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Chocolates by the bedside
- Both hypoallergenic fiber and feather pillows on the bed
- Cozy quilts and mattress toppers or pillowtops (hypoallergenic fiberbeds available upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Alarm clock/radio/CD player/MP3 player with ambient noise CDs
- Makeup removal washcloth and wipes
- Water glasses and bedside carafes
- Bar soap (face and bath), hand soap, conditioning shampoo, and body lotion
- Fans for individual air control
- Secure wireless network accessible from guest rooms or the common areas.
The Inn is furnished comfortably with appointments appropriate for the age and architecture of the house. Our spacious living room on the first floor welcomes you with several seating areas, an inviting gas fireplace, television and DVD/VCR, videos, and a game table. An electric kettle and a fine selection of tea, coffee, cider, and hot chocolate are always available on the living room buffet. The buffet is also where you can find a selection of snacks and cookies every afternoon. For those of you who travel with your laptops, we have a secure wireless network in the Inn. We enjoy central air-conditioning in the warm weather.
Our second-floor guest library is equipped with a computer, refrigerator, ice maker, Shenandoah Springs water dispenser and an extensive library of books and magazines. From the library, you can access the second-floor porch nestled in the evergreens and overlooking the garden. Relaxation is almost instant here when you stretch out in our of our rocking chairs with a good book. There are also several seating areas in our back garden for use in good weather.